hero banner image

Fees and Finance

Tuition fees at New College - For September 2020 entry

HNCs and HNDs

Full-Time = £5,750 per annum | Part-Time = Price on application

Foundation Degrees in Partnership with the University of Gloucestershire *

Full-Time = £6,165 per annum | Part-Time = £3,085 per annum*

- Cyber and Computer Security Foundation Degree

- Health and Social Care Foundation Degree

Foundation Degree in partnership with Bath Spa University *

Full-Time = £8,250 per annum*

- Early Years Foundation Degree

- Early Childhood Studies Top-up Degree

All students who enrol on one of the above courses at New College will receive a Free HP Notebook to help with their studies. T&Cs apply. Get your free HP laptop!

Paying For Your Course

Tuition fees are set by the University or College and this loan is paid directly to them. As a full-time student, you can apply for a loan to cover the full cost of your undergraduate course, up to £9,250.

The amount you can borrow depends on where you live and your household income. There is also extra support for those with special circumstances. For example, if you have children or adult dependants, a disability, long-term health condition, mental-health condition, or specific learning difficulty such as Dyslexia or Dyspraxia.

Tuition Fee Loan for the 2018-2019 academic year

- Full-time students : Up to £9,250

- Part-time students : Up to £6,935 (Your course must have 'course intensity' of 25% or more)

Maintenance Loan for the 2019-20 academic year

The maintenance loan is designed to help you with your living costs while studying for a degree e.g. food, rent and travel. It is paid directly into your bank account.

The amount you get depends on your household income, course intensity and where you live while studying.

The maximum Maintenance Loan for a full-time student in the 2019/20 academic year is:

- Up to £7,529 if you live at home

- Up to £8,944 if you live away from home and study at a University or College outside London

How are these loans paid back?

  • You must pay back any loans you borrow, including interest, but not until the April after you finish your course, or the April four years after the start of your course - whichever comes first- and only then, if your income is over the repayment threshold.
  • Repayments are based on your income, not on what you have borrowed.
  • You only start repaying the loans once you are earning over £25,000 a year, "2083 a month or £480 a week.
  • Repayments are 9% of everything earned in excess of £25,000. If your income drops below this amount, repayments will stop automatically.
  • After 30 years, regardless of what you have already repaid the debt is wiped. If you never earn over £21,000 the you will never have to repay the loan.

Part-Time Students

Your part-time course must have a 'course intensity' of 25% or more to be eligible.

You have to start paying back your loans after 4 years if you are earning over £25,000 a year, £2,083 a month or £480 a week, even if the course hasn't finished.

For the most up-to-date information visit www.gov.uk/student-finance or check out some of their guides below:

Student Finance - How you're assessed and paid

Student Loans - A guide to terms and conditions

Student Finance Calculator

*To be confirmed for 2020

Responsive image
Responsive image
Responsive image
Responsive image