Office For Students
New College Swindon is a registered provider on the Office for Students (OfS) Register of higher education providers in England. This means we meet the OfS requirements for course quality, academic standards, student support, student protection and more.
Being registered means we have demonstrated to the OfS that New College Swindon:
Office for Students - The register information
- provides well-designed courses that deliver a high-quality academic experience for all students
- supports students from admission through to completion
- ensures student's outcomes are valued by employers or enable further study
- awards qualifications that hold their value over time, in line with recognised standards
- pays regard to guidance about how to comply with consumer protection law
- has a published student protection plan setting out the risks of course, campus or provider closure and how it will protect students' interests in such an event
- has the financial resources to provide and deliver the courses advertised
- has the management and governance arrangements necessary to provide and deliver the courses advertised.
Student Protection Plan
All higher education institutions registered with the OfS are required to publish a Student Protection Plan setting out what students can expect to happen should a course, campus or institution close.
Download Student Protection Plan (PDF 346.76KB)
Access and Participation Statement
Access and participation plans set out how higher education providers will improve equality of opportunity for underrepresented groups to access, succeed in and progress from higher education.
Download Access and Participation Statement (PDF 135.43KB)
The information published below shows:
- The number of applications for admission on to recognised, undergraduate higher education courses that we have received from the UK domiciled applicants
- The number of offers we have made in relation to those applications
- The number of those offers accepted and the number of those who have registered with us
- The number of students who attained a particular degree or other academic award, or a particular level of such an award, on completion of their course with us.
It also shows these numbers by reference to:
- The gender of the individuals to which they relate
- Their ethnicity
- Their socio-economic background
It is important to note that the data presented has not been contextualised. This means, for example, that you will not be able to see from this data how many of those applying to courses met the entry criteria. It is also the case that universities and colleges will often receive many more applications than they have spaces on courses and so offer rates will necessarily be lower than application rates in those circumstances.
View the 2021 Transparency Tables for New College Swindon